Yoga teaching is a great career option
Yoga teaching is becoming a great lifetime career choice and not just a hobby career. Many have taken the plunge to be a yoga teacher leaving behind corporate careers, sales jobs, engineering jobs etc. Here’s a quick look at why so many across the world are taking up Yoga Teaching as a serious career.
- Achieve and help others achieve good physical and mental Health
- Earn a Respectful income while living a healthy, happy & stress free life
- Teach yoga Globally and work Convenient hours
3 big challenges of Yoga Certification Courses today
With a lot of commercial success and acceptance across the world, Yoga has gained an industry status in the recent past. With growth comes challenges and like any growing industry this field is also plagued with some of the following challenges.
- Compromised Yoga Knowledge : There are very few schools which teach the “ Right” / “Authentic” knowledge of Yoga . Most schools preach a “Commercially appropriated”, Over Simplified, Concocted version of yoga.
- Lacking Professionalism & Ethics : Not many course teach how to be a through Professional Yoga teacher – Most graduates from these “dime a dozen” teacher training courses lack the basic fundamentals of teaching yoga and ethics of a teacher. Haven’t we heard of numerous Sexual misconduct cases of yoga teachers?
- Commercialisation: Most people who have started Yoga TTC are in it for the money, Doling out certificates to anybody who can pay a fee. Growing opportunities in the Yoga certification field has attracted a lot of inexperienced and incompetent TTC Schools & Facilitators.
Why choose Yoga Sattwa, Mysore ?
Yoga sattwa is an earnest effort to counter the above mentioned challenges. The College supports any and all initiatives to bring back lost glory to Authentic Yoga & Yoga Education.
On the occasion of the “World yoga convention” at Bihar school of Yoga, Munger, Swami Niranjan had given the mandate to all his disciples to revisit Yoga with Sincerity, Seriousness and Commitment. This clear mandate guides all our actions at Yoga sattwa. Apart from addressing the above challenges here are some of important reasons to study at Yoga Sattwa.
At Yoga sattwa all the courses are designed to align with a Unique approach called “Sattwa method” – simple yet profound principle in pursuing our Yoga Sadhana, Yoga teaching and Lifestyle.
Pradeep Sattwamaya has been one of leading modern day yoga teachers to have successfully blended the current need and the core principles of yoga. Pradeep has taught over 100 batches of TTC in the last 15 years with over 2000 graduates from across the world. Pradeep will personally Guide & Mentor you throughout the entire Course.
3. Post course support
YogaSattwa believes that all graduates need as much support post course as they did during the course. We support every of our students, post-course, in becoming stable in their personal sadhana and in pursuing a career in teaching yoga, be it freelancing, setting up Yoga Studio, a Yoga blogger or a Yoga teacher at a school/sports club.
Yoga Sattwa offers two courses, “Yoga Teacher Training Course” (YTTC), Level 1 and Level 2
YTTC is simply a Yoga teacher training program without any encumbrances of ” Hours”, ” Alliances”, “Certificates” etc. This course is for someone who is genuinely interested in Yoga and has the Discipline, Time and Effort to pursue such a Practice.
YTTC aspirant should ideally have been practicing regular Yoga for at-least 2 years and or has finished a certificate course / RYT 200/ 300 / 500 hours programs from any Yoga style / school.
When is a good time to do the course ? When you have unanswered questions, doubts about the Yoga practice and or concepts, when your practice seems incomplete or stagnant and when your yoga teaching seems uninspiring and ineffective, is indeed a good time to explore YTTC.
If you are looking for a fun Yoga Holiday or for a quick way to get your hands on to a piece of paper (certificate) then this is not the place for you. YTTC is a rigorous course and requires through preparation to be able to reap complete benefit. YTTC Level 1 and Level 2 are spread over 28 days each and has the following 4 broad modules.
|1||Gross Body Practices||Asanas, Pranayama, Shatkarma, Mudra Bandha, Philosophy, Anatomy, Physiology,|
|2||Subtle body practices||Yoga nidra, Pratyahara, Dharana and Dhyana (meditation), Psychology|
|3||Food and Lifestyle||Yoga & Ayurvedic Food, Nutrition and Lifestyle , Counselling skills|
|4||Teaching methods||“Sattwa Method” Teaching methodology, Class planning, Corrections, Modifications, Demonstrations, Sequencing, Vocabulary etc.|
Click to find out more info of the two courses here
- Course fee details & fee policy will be emailed in reply to your application
- Fee is uniform to all irrespective of being Indian or International student
- We don’t offer Early Birds, Discounts, etc.
- The shaala accommodates only 20 students / course
- Course spots are on purely on first come-first served basis
- Merit Student Scholarships are available for future courses at the shaala